As a parent, you know your child’s needs and strengths whether it is academically, emotionally, or socially. Because of these needs and strengths you may feel a particular classroom may be able to better address them. We welcome your input and will give it definite consideration when preparing class lists. The deadline for classroom requests was 4/30/10. However, with the addition of new staff at almost all of our grade levels for the 2010-2011 school year, we have extended this deadline to Friday, May 14th. All written requests must be made by this deadline.
Along with your input, several other considerations must be taken into account to maintain a well-balanced classroom, including:
- Proportionate balance of students by abilities, needs, and strengths.
- Consideration of special needs and concerns.
- Possible recommendations from previous classroom teachers.
Since there is a lot of thought, time, and work involved in setting up a student’s schedule, any requests or changes must have a specific and justifiable reason before this will be allowed. Our main concern is educational, not personal. Final placement will be made by the school.
2010-2011 Classroom Request Timeline and Process
- Forms available for parent pickup on Tuesday, May 4th.
- Written forms due no later than Friday, May 14th.