Murphy Elementary School recognizes that educational excellence can only be achieved by using all of the resources in our community. We support the use of volunteers in the schools as a method by which teachers and students may receive additional assistance.
The link at the bottom of this post is a copy of our “Volunteer Handbook”. In order to volunteer please return the volunteer application and forms to our school office. If you would like to volunteer for a one-time only event— you do not need to fill out this application.
We encourage parents/guardians and other members of the community to share their time, knowledge and abilities with our students. Caring members of our community bring new energies and resources into our schools.
The purpose of our volunteer program is:
- To maintain a safe and healthy environment within our school.
- To promote the physical, social, and psychological well-being of our students.
- To provide positive adult relationships to students.
- To provide individualized attention to students.
- To provide an added dimension of self-esteem and self-confidence for students.
- To provide an opportunity for parents and community members to become more familiar with school activities and/or operations.