Hello! My name is Sean Martinson, Principal at Murphy Elementary School. This is a longer than usual message with a few back to school items.
I hope this message finds you and your family doing well. Whether it’s your first child at Murphy or one of many this is definitely an exciting time of year. My daughters are starting at a new school and my youngest is starting preschool, I find myself more nervous than they are! Throughout the year you may find yourself with questions that you don’t have the answer to (even more so at the beginning of the year) please don’t hesitate to stop in and visit, give a call, send a note, or drop an email. There are more ways to communicate now than ever before!
What follows is a list of specific items that will be helpful as we start school up again, please read carefully:
- School starts Tuesday, September 3rd.
- Kindergarten students only come one day the first week: Tuesday (9/3): Mrs. Lori Carlson, Wednesday (9/4): Mrs. Kari Carlson, and Thursday (9/5): Mrs. Yeager’s class.
- All morning drop offs are at the main doors on the west side of our building. If you are dropping your child off, you will notice an area blocked off by cones. The area between the cones is for our buses and allows them to pull up and drop off students directly in front of the school.
- If your child arrives before 8:15 we ask that they go directly to the cafeteria. We will have options for different grade levels such as outdoor recess, however we still ask that everyone arriving prior to 8:15 go to the cafeteria.
- If your child arrives after 8:15 we ask that they go directly to their class.
- Students should be in their seats and ready by 8:30.
- At the end of the day we start releasing at 2:50 with kids getting picked up meeting out front at the west doors. If you are picking up please plan to pick up your child no later than 3:00.
- EVERY WEDNESDAY is an early release. We start releasing at 2:10 and ask that your child is picked up no later than 2:20.
- Parent Pickup Map
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to provide a safe and welcoming learning environment for your child.
In closing, if you haven’t checked out our school website yet and have access please check us out at: http://www.isd318.org/murphy We’ll continue to add information throughout the year and appreciate any input or suggestions that you may have.
Have a great night!Sean Martinson Dad to Three Amazing Kids (soon to be 4!) Principal – Murphy Elementary School www.isd318.org/murphy If you need to call or text me, please use the following number: 218.209.2573 M.S. Educational Leadership Licensed K-12 Principal