Mr. Martinson will be going outside with the kids during 3rd and 4th grade recess. At some point responsibility will be released to the kids, similar to kickball, baseball field, football, regular equipment, etc. However, for now. He’ll go out with them. This is free skate time.
- Kids have to have their own skates and helmet.
- Kids have to be able to tie their own skates.
- For free skating a bicycle style helmet is fine.
- For kids that ride the school bus:
- They can bring skates and helmets but they have to be in a bag.
- They can not bring sticks on the bus.
- Putting on skates: Sit by the rink, in the snow and put on skates, and take them off. Mr. Martinson said he’s been skating since he was three years old, kids will be fine sitting in the snow and putting skates on, it’s called “old school”.
The overall goal is to offer another life activity, use the free skating rink, and releasing responsibility to the kids. No different than we already do with the baseball/kickball field, football field, and general equipment. Even the slides, at some point they were new and kids had to be trained….
3rd and 4th grade Kids
- Mon Jan 11 11:25am – 11:55am Skating 3&4 RECESS
- Tue Jan 12 11:25am – 11:55am NO SKATING
Wed Jan 13 11:13am – 11:40am Skating 3&4 RECESS
Thu Jan 14 11:25am – 11:55am Skating 3&4 RECESS
Fri Jan 15 11:25am – 11:55am Skating 3&4 RECESS
If you have any questions please contact Mr. Martinson directly.
Principal: Mr. Sean Martinson
Dad to Four Amazing Kids
Cell Phone: 218.259.3129
M.S. Educational Leadership
Licensed K-12 Principal