Over the course of the 2015-2016 School year Murphy Elementary School implemented Second Step as a part of our Social Emotional Learning curriculum. For the 2018-2019 school year we will continue this program school wide and Mr. Martinson, along with our Student Support Specialist, will be implementing the Bullying Prevention components.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Mr. Martinson using his direct cell phone number: 218-259-3129.
You may also contact Mr. Martinson (email@example.com) for your www.SecondStep.org “activation key”, available for all Murphy Families.
Second Step Links and Resources:
- Second Step: Information for Families
- Second Step Book Lists
- Copies of Family Letters (sent home through the course of the school year)
- Park Pals: http://parkpalsgame.org/ FREE
- From Second Step company (so not for profit, and free).
- Apps for iPads are coming soon too.
- Colorful, kid-friendly world for ages 7–9.
- Spirited sound effects and custom songs
- No external links, advertising, or in-app purchases.
- Privacy protected; no child data collected.
- Single-player, safe environment to practice skills that help prevent bullying